Monday, June 9, 2008

School Is Out


School's out and my kids are already bored. I actually dislike that word a lot but it just reminds me that I have a job to do this summer... to keep my four children busy. Just like when they were little and the day needed to be scheduled so it wasn't a free for all, I need to break down the day for my kids so they know what to expect.

Josh is loving the fact that his brother and sisters are home all day long. He hasn't asked once to watch t.v. I also love hanging out with them. This morning was so relaxing. I got to stay in my p.j's and sit in my rocking chair holding some of my children. I was very entertained I must say, for Jeff wanted to read every journal entry that he wrote for the school year. I just realized today that he is a very descriptive writer. No details are lacking. I loved hearing all his stories.they were a little out there. As Amanda would say," his journal entries are so random".


I have never really liked sticking to a schedule but I think it is a must for me and the children. For instance, at 9:00 a.m. while I was, well I hate to say it but blogging, I realized the house was way too quiet. Jeff, Emma and Josh decided that it was o.k. to just leave the house and go to their fort to play. I usually o.k. the fort but only if they ask me and I know that that's where they are going to be. So my first official rule for summer is.... no leaving the house without talking to mommy first. You would think this was a given but one must spell it out for kids.

I think most days won't be as boring as this for the kids because pretty soon the other schools will be out and they will have many friends to play with. Oh yeah, I'm sure warmer weather will help also. It's just a little bit chilly out there still. Where, oh where is our sunny summer weather? I promise not to complain in the middle of August when it is getting close to 100 degrees.

Now as I am writing this they are much happier. The sun has peeked its head out and the neighbor kids came a calling. Jeff is out in the field searching for treasures and the others are practicing cartwheels and front handsprings in the front yard. Honestly, my goal for the summer is to stay out of the ER or hospital. We have had enough for one year.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online