Monday, November 17, 2008

I had my car packed and I was very ready for a girls weekend away at the beach house in Brookings, Oregon. I just had to finish 1 day of school and then head over the mountain and down 1-5 to total rest and relaxation! BUT....Sometimes life doesn't go the way we plan it.

Thursday morning I was having an exceptional day at school, enjoying my very sweet preschoolers. At the end of the first class I started getting one of my horrible headaches and I just spiraled downward from there. When Michael came to pick up Josh from school he found me in my classroom laying on the floor. Just before he got there my headache was so bad that I started seeing stars and got very dizzy. As you can imagine, my husband was a little surprised to find me on the floor.

The office found a sub for me and Michael drove me home to put me to bed. We left my packed car at the school. I knew then that my weekend plans had been spoiled. Boy, did I feel so disappointed. The kind of disappointment that a kids feels when Christmas comes and the present they were hoping to get was not under the tree.

I contemplated going Friday morning but the drive to Brookings is 6 hours. Michael felt it was best for me not to drive. Which was a very smart decision because I have had a couple more episode like the one at school with my headaches.

After I got over my disappointment and having a huge pity part, I thanked God for protecting me from a worse experience that could have happened on the rode in the middle of who knows where. I have been known to over spiritualize things but I do believe that there is a reason for everything. I believe God had his hand in all of this.

I ended up going with Michael and the kids to Portland. The thought was, I could spend my days in the nice Mariott Hotel if I didn't feel good. Plus, he felt much better having me with him so he could keep an eye on me. I had a nice time with my family in Portland, and I felt good some of the time. I have many pics to post of the family in Portland. I hope to do that soon!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you're okay, I hope you're recovering well from the weekend! I'm sure God spared you from a miserable weekend (with out help and a huge drive) at the least.

Karyn said...

Oh Kristin! I'm so sorry you missed your weekend away. I can sympathize with that kind of disappointment. I hope your health is going to do a complete turn around, and you won't be dealing with this kind of hardship anymore. And you are right. God does allow things to happen for a reason, and what a blessing in disguise to be able to spend some time with your fam. Your perspective is commendable. Love ya! :)

Yule {b}Log said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Alisa Johnston said...

Oh, Kristin,
I am sorry you missed your weekend. I am more sorry for your terrible headaches!
I hope you are OK and am glad you got to go to Portland.
Love,
Alisa

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online