Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mandi's "Second" Mom


I just read a very sweet post that my friend Amanda wrote. I encourage you to check out her blog. I just love her perspective on life and what she writes about. I was especially blessed by what she wrote about my daughter, Mandi. http://pslittleworld.blogspot.com/2008/11/weekend-guest.html


Last weekend while Michael and I were out of town Amanda(my friend) took Mandi (my daughter) for the weekend. Mandi had an important student council meeting/party that she really didn't want to miss. So she got to spend the weekend with this very special family. Mandi feels so comfortable with this family and really loves their 3 boys. More than that she has really connected with my friend Amanda and calls her her "second mom". Nope, I don't feel threatened. If I were Mandi's age Miss Amanda would be the kind of woman I would seek out to get to know and even want to be mentored by. I am so glad that she is in my daughters life! Oh yeah, I am glad that I have her as a friend also.


"Amanda, thank you so much for loving on my daughter and investing in her life. You are welcome to steal her away anytime for some girl time. I just might want to come too. " :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lovin' the photo....I'm looking a little sunburned- but for my white, white legs. Thanks for the kind words though, :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online