Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Season of Rest

Today was my last day of work at Central Christian School as a prek-3 teacher. I took this job in July when I was feeling like my normal self, no pain, or headaches.

As many of you know, since early September I have been in great pain that has rocked my whole life. Simple, daily tasks have become too hard. I have become more of a hermit and just ask my kids about how grouchy I have been. I stuck it out at the school for 3 months, but each day in the classroom was very taxing on my body. Working would spiral me downward and put me in more pain until I could rest up on the weekend to just do it all over again. The last month at school I missed more work than I liked which made it hard for the kids and the school who had to find last minute subs.

It was nearly three weeks ago that I put my resignation in due to my husbands request. He kind of put his foot down. So here I am, done with the first job that I have had since I was 22. I didn't last long did I? I have taken myself out of everything. I removed myself from worship team, all church ministries and now work. I guess this is just another season in my life. A season to rest my body and get it healthy, God willing.

Today was good day. I made it through the day with minimal pain and had a blast with the preschoolers. I have come to love 13 three year olds like my own in just three months. It was a very hard, emotional ending, and I cried. I feel some relief from the physical part of work but I will miss hanging out, playing and teaching these kids. I am hoping to go and help once in awhile in the class so I can get some time with them. They seemed to like that idea too.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Sweet Kristin-
I have tears in my eyes. I know the pain you're feeling inside and out. I'm NOT saying that to make it about me, but to let you know that I truly can not only sympathize with you, but also empathize with you. Chronic pain is so incredibly hard. I understand how draining it is, and how it affects every single area of your life.

I could have written your exact post 6 years ago when I had to resign from a job I LOVED due to my health. Please know that I am here for you, even if you need to call and scream! :)

This too the Lord is using, and I know you are so sensitive to Him, even in this.
He loves you and so do I.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online