Monday, January 5, 2009

Back To A Routine


The kids left bright and early this morning to go back to school. It was so hard to get everyone up and moving, especially myself. I have been sleeping in for two weeks and haven't used an alarm clock. Back to a routine it is! Lunches to make, homework to do, basketball practice, games, piano lessons and much more I can't remember at this time.

Whether your kids are going back to school away from home or at home I know that getting back to a routine will bring sanity and a little peace to the house. Kids and parents do thrive with some kind of structure. I for one, am not an organized person. Michael recognizes this in me and is trying to convince me or rather encourage me to organize my day so that I can fit into it all the important stuff. I already woke up this morning feeling quite depressed that I didn't get up before the kids to read my Bible or get some exercise in. Once I am downstairs and start the day, cleaning and all the other chores that go along with being a mom and wife consume my day and I don't usually get to those things that will keep my healthy spiritually or physically.

So , I am going to try and somewhat organize myself. For starters, there will be no computer until I have spent time with God. I did that this morning and blogging could only happen after talking to God and Him talking to me. Second, well I'm not sure yet, but I plan on trying to figure out when I am going to fit in exercise because I really want to go snorkeling when I go to Hawaii for my 15th anniversary. Even though the kids are at school I still have my days full with childcare. This means I need to be on top of things more than ever. This goes against my nature but it's essential for a happy home and mommy. So, I better stop writing about it and be proactive.

I pray that all of you will have an easy transition back to routine after this Christmas break. Maybe some of you never stopped your routine and to that I say "way to go"! You are probably like my daughter Emma who thrives on organization and routine. It is definitely a God given gift.
I wish I had that in me but I am who I am! I just have to work a little bit harder at it.

If you have any helpful hints on how to get organized I gladly welcome them. I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online