Saturday, January 24, 2009

Praying For Harper

I have had a few blogger friends ask me who Harper was. I follow a blog called "Bring the Rain". One day when reading this blog I read about a baby that was just born but had a lot of problems. I followed this story on another blog called "Kelly's Korner". I don't know these people at all but had a real burden to pray and follow their story. My sister's baby was born with heart problems and was in the NICU for the first month or so of her life. She too was struggling to live just like Harper. I have been so touched by the strength and complete reliance on God that my sister and husband and also Harper's parents have during such trying times.

I'd like to encourage you to check out their blog and read Harper's story. Then go to "Bring the Rain's" blog and read Audrey's story. It is a sad but inspiring story. Whether through life or death, God is sovereign and in control. I have such a hard time understanding why these things happen, but God is a loving God and can use the worst, most horrible times for His glory.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

yes. "Bring the Rain" has been one of my favorite blogs ever since I've been blogging and I just found Harpers story through another "faith" story that I had followed at "my charming kids". Even though I don't know these people personally I love that we as "the church" can support one another on the opposite side of the country in lifting them up in prayer. And how humbling and encouraging to read about their incredible faith and trust in our great God.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online