Monday, January 19, 2009

A recap of my weekend

It is late at night and I most definitely should not be blogging. I need my beauty sleep in the worst way but I had to blog about my very busy, but wonderfully full weekend.

It all started on Friday when Mom and Dad Kuhlman arrived for the weekend. As soon as they got in we sat down to a yummy spaghetti dinner. I know it was yummy, not because I enjoyed it but because everyone else did. They ate and ate and ate. I, myself couldn't enjoy my own dinner because I have cut out flour and sugar from my diet. So far I have been mostly successful for almost 20 days. Now I just need to see the results in the way I look!

Saturday, I enjoyed a fun, quick, one day trip to Portland with a dear friend who let me accompany her to her sister's sweet and simple marriage ceremony. After the ceremony we conquered a very fun, but overwhelming store, IKEA. It was my first time there and what a treat it was to see it in person. I could have easily spent much more money than I did, but I managed to leave the store with only spending $14.00. Do you think that is a record? I bought a $1.49 butter dish and a very cool cheese grater. Oh, and a couple other little things that will make my life a little easier!

We had a delicious dinner at Olive Garden and got caught in a very windy, wind storm. I didn't know what else to call it. You should have seen us- we could barely walk into Olive Garden it was so windy. Then back to home we drove in the dark. We laughed and talked all the way home and definitely managed to get our 1300 words in. I didn't even have to talk to Michael that night I was so talked out.

Sunday, was busy too. Church, Sunday lunch and then to Sisters to window shop with my girls and mother in law. Oh yeah, Joshy came too and kind of wished he stayed home until he got candy. I was a good wife and didn't spend any money. I wanted to, but promised Michael I would just window shop. It kind of helps to leave all forms of payment at home. After looking in the shops, Michael drove to Sisters and met me there for a fun date night. Mom took the kids home so we could go out. We went to the cute movie house there and saw "Wedding Wars". This wasn't Michael's first choice but being the loving hubby he is, he let me choose. We also had appetizers at Three Creeks Pub. Yummy, bad for me sweet potato fries and spicy chicken wings were what we ordered. Hey, no flour or sugar in those.... I think! Ok, I kind of splurged on the weekend a little. Today was a new week and I am back on the wagon, after falling off the wagon. The good news is that in 20 days I have lost nine pounds.

Today, we puttered around the house until Mandi's basketball practice and I rearranged furniture. This turned out to be a bigger job than I expected. I don't think Michael or the kids like the look as much but it will have to do for now because I am done with it. Way too exhausting! The small turkey that we got from the church during Thanksgiving time was cooking in the crock pot all day and I just finished deboning it and putting the meat in baggies. It is the most tender, juicy turkey I have ever had. My mother in law is to be thanked for stuffing it in the crock pot. She had to cut off a wing so it would fit. Now I have lunch meat and soup and a few other turkey meals to make.

I am done with recap and heading to bed. Tomorrow is school fo the kids and a very busy day: babysitting, basketball games and another apointment at the chiroprators Most likely I have typed way too long and my dear, sweet hubby is fast asleep. EEKS, it is late, nearly midnight. So....so long, fair well....have a goodnight sleep and a happy Tuesday!

Here are a few I took of the beautiful frost we got over the weekend. I have never seen the trees look so pretty or my girls!




1 comment:

Cathy said...

First of all...way to go girl! 9 lbs!! That is awesome! I'm so happy for you! I knew you could do it.

And what a fun Saturday! Someday maybe I'll get to go to IKEA again. You have amazing will power. I've had to get better, but I don't want to go there until I have a little more to spend:)

Just want you to know I appreciate you. Just 'cause.:) I miss chatting with you and being way transparent with you. We're hopefully planning to come over the first weekend in Feb....want to see you while we're there, k?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online