Friday, January 23, 2009

Congratulations Jeffrey!!!




Friday Jeffrey was in a spelling bee at his school. There were six 5th graders competing together to see who would go onto the next round in the Christian schools division which will be held next month. After many days of studying a long list of hard words, his studying paid off. He ended up taking first place in his class. I was amazed that he was spelling words that I couldn't, but then again that is why he was in the spelling bee and I wasn't!

Here were some of the words that he spelled: eulogy, appendicitis, badminton (which by the way is popularly mispronounced badmitton)and his winning word was notorious. Now I have to use my spell checker to see if I spelled them correctly.

I was very proud of my son. Yes, for winning the spelling bee, but more importantly how hard he studied for it. All of his hard work paid off. The next bee will be using the same list of words. He is continuing to study hard for it.

Way to go Jeff!

3 comments:

runninggal said...

really he came in first out of ALL the 5th graders :) - he had to be in the top 6 in his class just to get to the Spelling Bee finals, right?

Congrats Geoffrey. Your mom is very proud!

runninggal said...

I meant - Jeffrey....not Geoffrey....sorry Jeff!

runninggal said...

It says "Pray for harper" on your blog - who is Harper?

Julie

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online