Thursday, January 22, 2009

Please Pray!

This will be short, but I need my blogging buddies to pray for my youngest, Josh. Tonight, about an hour ago, Joshy slammed his finger in the bedroom door. This actually cut the pinkie finger off just below the fingernail. I have to say that I cracked under pressure and did not handle the situation like I thought I would in an emergency. The finger was bleeding greatly and when I looked at it I fell apart. Michael was at band rehearsal and I am thankful that he was on his way home when I called him. Within minutes he was home to help me deal with the situation. Actually, the calm force in the house before Michael got home was Mandi. She seemed to calmly step in as I was falling apart. I am thankful that she has recently taken first aid and CPR and had a clearer mind to figure out what to do.

Right now Michael, Mandi and Joshy are at the ER. Michael called and said that they are going to sew the finger back together and take X-rays. The doctor is expecting 100% recovery.

Please pray for Joshy's pain, I imagine he will be very sore.

Pray also for little Emma, she feels so horrible for shutting the door on his finger. They were playing and having fun and it was an accident. Oh, I have to mention that when this happened, Emma had just gotten done giving Josh a beautiful makeover. Imagine this- Josh wearing a beautiful, white, flower girl dress with black, thin strapped,heeled shoes and his hair was done up in several ponytails. He looked like a girl! This is how Michael had to take him to the emergency room! What will the doctors think of me? Now the pretty white dress is covered in blood. I can see him now sitting on the ER table with this dress on. Taking picture of this event would have been totally inappropriate but I will FOREVER have this picture of my precious Josh in my head- Him screaming, in a white dress, with blood dripping all over the place. It was like something out of a horror flick.

Well, I need to get off and focus on Joshy's homecoming. First, I would like to thank Amanda, my dear friend who so lovingly calmed me down over the phone. Her sweet husband quickly left for the ER to make sure Michael was doing great and she reassured me over and over that I was a good mommy. They went through a similar situation with their son.

Thanks also to my mom and sister for calmly talking to me. I am so glad they picked up the phone.

Lastly, thank you Jesus for being in control of the situation. You knew that I needed my husband home earlier tonight from rehearsal and brought him just in the nick of time. Thank you also for giving Mandi the calmness to take over when I was falling apart.

I'll update later on how little Josh is doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I prayed. Asking God for peace and freedom from pain. Bless you...

threemainboys said...

This is so not funny. That's why I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Sorry, I can just picture every personality during the course of this awful event. This is one you will never forget. I will pray for Josh to feel better. I think Mandi has a future as a 911 dispatcher or something in the medical field! But you my friend, I think your chances are slim.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online