Monday, January 12, 2009

FOR TODAY



FOR TODAY January 12,2009...

Outside my window...The sun is shining bright and warm. This is suppose to be the coldest week of winter, yet it is in the mid 50's.

I am thinking...of how I should take the two boys I babysit to the park to run off some energy. This would get me out of the house and lift my spirits.

I am thankful for...music. As I am writing this I am listening to my play list and filling my mind with worshipful words that I can sing to my Savior.

From the kitchen...I am cooling granola that I made for the first time. The nutty, sweet smell is making me hungry. I hope it tastes good.

I am wearing...jeans and a sweatshirt. Nothing fancy, but very comfortable. I have on the warmest, fuzzy slippers that I got for Christmas. I wear them even to the grocery store.

I am creating...a picture frame for Michael's office with recent pictures of the kids and I.

I am going...to pick up the kids from school at 3pm and then give a piano lesson. My day is very exciting....

I am reading...a long, but intriguing book about President Lincoln. He was a fascinating man. I think it will take me a year to read it!

I am hoping...the boys I watch will take a nice nap or rest so that I can finish my Bible study before tomorrow.

I am hearing...lots of giggles from the boys as they are playing so nicely together. Little boys are so fascinating. I love the noises they make.

Around the house...I have the wash going, the dryer drying. Laundry is starting to pile up and needs to be folded, but my tubs are scrubbed clean.

One of my favorite things...is waking up and drinking my cup of coffee. I sit in my over sized, red chair and watch the beautiful sunrise. Often times I get a snuggle from my youngest when he wakes up early.

A few plans for the rest of the week:Mandi has her first basketball game. There is Bible study to look forward to and a fun trip to Portland with a friend for a day. I am also looking forward to my in laws visiting for the weekend if weather permits.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



This picture was taken January '05 here in Redmond. We were on vacation at Eagle Crest for a week. We loved this area but had no idea that God would bring us here 8 months later.

Visit the http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to share yours.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'm glad you joined in on the fun! I love these glimpses into people's everyday lives. Miss ya! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're feeling...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online