Thursday, January 8, 2009

Part 2: Bad or Good?

I love my husband so much! This morning he woke up and quietly whispered in my ear that he knew the answer to the riddle. With just waking up, and still very sleepy, I had no idea what he was talking about.

"What riddle," I asked. I didn't know that I was trying to solve a riddle.

"The riddle to the Chinese tale whether it is good or bad," he answered.

This woke me up a little faster, because I specifically blogged about how it is a question that really can't be answered, or so I thought.

My husband preceded to give me the answer. An answer that truly answers this question. I almost felt ashamed that I didn't think of it while I was writing my post the other night. Any how, the answer has been there all along, in the Bible!

Here it is.....

Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."


I also like the Message Bible version of this verse.

"That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good."

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love these last 2 posts Kristin. The first time you told me the story of everything that's happened I thought how horrible for you guys but so glad He had brought you to us. But I see what a powerful example your lives are of that truth...that God will make it good if we just LET HIM! It's all about perspective. The joy you and Michael have and show through adversity is always an inspiration to me! Love you!
...and because of this...I gave you a bloggy award over at my blog:)

runninggal said...

These last 2 posts have come at such a perfect moment for me - it's been a super hard week and I needed to read these posts more than I can even say.

Thanks!!

threemainboys said...

ok. I think you struck a nerve this week. thank you my friend for your transparency and your timing, although I'm sure you didn't know when you wrote that life has been hard this week. my little corner of the world has felt like the corner of a boxing ring, and I'm not so sure that I am winning, but I'm still fighting with the help of friends like you. love you lady!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online